a MMB! Kendo Blog: Fight On!

MMB! Kendo Blog

Sunday, July 03, 2005


忍耐 + 掌握人生
Fight On!

I am very worried now. I don't know, I am feeling quite lost. I pushed myself back to full bogu training on Tuesday as the flu slowly subsided. I made myself to go on Wednesday and yesterday as well, making it back to a more acceptable training frequency than the previous weeks. 3 training sessions were the upper limit my body could hold up to looking at the miserable and fragile condition of my health and body. On Thursday morning, I had been juggling with the thought of whether to attend that night's training at UNSW as well, but in the end I decided if I went, my fragile body would probably collapsed and it would do more harm than good. I really want to get back to top gear, but my body wouldn't listen to me. My kendo was so slow and clumpsy. My mind and body were struggling. Adding to that was the thought of the National Squad Training in Brisbane next weekend. After reading Brett Smith's email which told the Squad to be prepared for a high intensity 8 training sessions over 2 days, I am very worried now.

Okay, that's enough of self-pitying. No one will pity me for not looking after my health and playing badly in the Squad. I need to finish with this self-pity note and move on.

I have a plan for next week:
  • Monday - Pyrmont training (7:30pm-8:30pm), followed by UNSW training (9pm-9:30pm)
  • Tuesday - Hornsby (7:30pm - 9pm)
  • Wednesday - Willoughby (7:30pm - 9pm)
  • Thursday - UNSW (7:30pm - 9pm)
  • Friday - My birthday today. Rest before flying up to Brisbane on early Saturday morning
  • Saturday - National Squad Training in Brisbane (4 sessions)
  • Sunday - National Squad Training in Brisbane (4 sessions)

Now that my flu is gone, I hope that I will get back into shape for the Squad Training.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home