a MMB! Kendo Blog: Oouch, but I am flying now

MMB! Kendo Blog

Tuesday, December 05, 2006


忍耐 + 掌握人生
Oouch, but I am flying now

Today, we went to see the competition venue in the morning. And then from then on, it was free time.

Stuart, Hayami, Claire, Chiaki and myself went for window-shopping around the area for a few hours, eating our way through the local streets and alleys.

For most of the afternoon, I just lazied around in my hotel room, received a good massage from Chiaki, and gave one massage to Hayami. So everyone was happy.

Then at night, Stuart, Ka-bi, Hayami, Kate, Claire, Chiaki and myself went to the Night Market for a stroll. Again, we ate our way through the Night Market. I tell you, Taipei is all about eating, eating and more eating!

Ka-bi and I were thinking about getting the famous Taiwanese foot massage. So we went to one shop in the Night Market and had a 40mins foot massage. Claire and Stuart also joined later on.

The foot massage was slightly painful at the beginning, but slowly it was quite enjoyable. All the soreness went away after the foot massage. Now I can fly!

Oh, I gotta mention about the scooters here. There are so many scooters on the street it is like a swarm of bees flying. And gosh, I would never want to drive in Taipei. It is like the scene you see in a war game with war planes swarming all around you. Man, it is crazy here!


Taipei local snacks - pork buns


Kate and Claire at the Night Market


Ka-bi with his yummy animal-shaped waffles




Ka-bi enjoying his foot massage


Me and Ka-bi along with Claire and Stuart at the foot massage place in the Night Market

6 Comments:

  • Hi! I really enjoyed the photos. I hope everybody can play their best kendo. Good luck and don't eat too much before shiai! Cheers. Akemi. fudoshin, Melbourne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, December 05, 2006 12:44:00 PM  

  • Hey Akemi!!! So happy to hear from you. Thanks for your message. I just told Chiaki about your food comments. Yes, we will try hard to refrain from over-eating. But everything here is so tempting. Temptations everywhere. And they are all so yummy!

    By Blogger Vivian Yung, at Tuesday, December 05, 2006 1:46:00 PM  

  • Hi Vivian,

    I have - finally - some time to read about your adventure in Taipei. I am leaving tomorrow (Tuesday 5 around this side of the planet), to Tokyo and then jump to Taipei next morning.

    I am very excited, all the luggage is ready, bogu and Kendo gear too and the spirit, always there.

    After seeing your pictures, I've started to wonder how are we going to find our way around!

    See you there!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, December 05, 2006 2:46:00 PM  

  • Hey Eduardo, good luck with finding your way around Taipei. It will be a fun experience!

    By Blogger Vivian Yung, at Tuesday, December 05, 2006 8:48:00 PM  

  • Hello Vivian,

    I've got some friends from America coming to watch the comp. Keep an eye out for Michael Moscuso, he might come up and say hi.

    Peter

    By Blogger Nipponkokujuen, at Wednesday, December 06, 2006 2:55:00 PM  

  • Hey Peter. Thanks for your message. I will say hello to Michael if I see him. ^_^

    By Blogger Vivian Yung, at Wednesday, December 06, 2006 10:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home